Our Commitment to You
We respect the unique spark of spirit in you and in everything. We see you and everyone as an exceptional individual with something of value to offer.
Our work is dedicated to supporting you to discover and bring into fruition your highest purpose and possibility. Our intention is to be all that we can be and give everything we’ve got in the most artistic, imaginative and balanced ways we can to support the evolution of life in these times of fast change.
- Our work is designed as a tool of empowerment and awakening.
- Our work gives people the experience of being more deeply connected to themselves, each other and the environment.
- It is open to all who want to practice Movement Medicine.
- We are always open to feedback and input.
Our Ethos and Environmental Policy
We have found that the deepest joy comes from a full and deep engagement with life. We see life as a great adventure. We experience the planet as a living being and it is our intention take care of it as best as we can.
- A percentage of all our profit goes to support projects that are concerned with environmental sustainability and social justice.
- We also regularly support other projects locally, nationally and internationally such as Moor Trees, The Pachamama Alliance and the Medical Foundation for the Victims of Torture.
- We support the Movement Medicine sponsorship fund that raises funds to bring Movement Medicine to areas of conflict or less privilege.
- We pay a tree tax for all our air travel and do our best to travel by train where possible.
- We also encourage students to travel by train and to lift share.
- We use and encourage others to use solar power, hydro-electricity and other renewables, insulation, re-cycling, and the joys of composting.
- We use sustainably sourced paper and plant-based inks for all our printing.
- On catered workshops, we use chiefly organic, local food and waste is composted and recycled where possible.
- We produce all our own electricity at home, drive an electric car and recommend Good Energy for renewable energy
- We bank with an ethical bank and invest in green futures.
- We buy fair trade and organic where possible.
- We have elders whose chief job is to laugh at us as much as possible and help us to keep our feet on the ground.
- We try to gently educate and inform.
- Each year, we are committed to studying something we haven’t studied before so that we stay grounded in that ‘beginners’ feeling.
Sustainability and Social Justice Links
Below are links to websites we have found that support our ethos. Please let us know of other similar websites we can include here.
www.pachamama.org An amazing project supporting us all to wake up
www.bethechangeearthalliance.org/symposium Deep symposium on climate change
www.survivalinternational.org Movement for tribal people
www.treesforlife.org.uk A wonderful tree planting project
www.carbonneutral.com Good information on Carbon neutral business practice
www.snaffleup.co.uk Recycling web site designed to keep useful items out of landfill
www.thegreenhouse.co.uk Building a better enviroment
www.est.org.uk Plenty of information for alternative energy ideas
www.megatrain.com Cheap train travel
www.megabus.com Cheap bus travel
www.thehungersite.com A site with the intent of ending hunger worldwide
www.therainforestsite.com Protecting virgin rainforest with the click of a mouse
www.solarenergyalliance.com Solar energy information
www.tree2mydoor.com Give a tree to someone you love
www.raileurope.co.uk Train information for travel through Europe
www.seat61.com Flight-free travel throughout Europe
www.naturalcollection.com Sustainable and fairtrade shopping for the home
www.traidcraft.co.uk Sustainable and fairtrade shopping for the home
www.cat.org.uk Alternative energy centre for research in the UK
www.eta.co.uk If you have to drive, info on how to do it greenest from the evironmental transport association
www.theecologist.org Many inspiring articles and much info online
www.oilcrashmovie.com Amazing new movie re climate change