Apprenticeship with David Mooney & Yasia Leiserach
Movement Medicine is a deeply creative dance practice that will reconnect you to the wisdom of living from the heart, the joy of knowing who you are and the satisfaction of making your unique contribution to life.
The Apprenticeship program is a training to embody and deepen your connection to yourself, your own creativity and your offering in the world.
Movement Medicine, founded by Ya’Acov and Susannah Darling Khan, is both deeply alchemical and deeply kind, inviting a dynamic and alive relationship with yourself, others and all you are connected to. This makes healing possible both on a personal and interpersonal level.
It is our intention to provide an environment that is both compassionate and appropriately challenging to facilitate deep personal healing, support you to uphold the highest vision you have for your life and give what is uniquely yours to give.
The Apprenticeship program includes time to work with your teachers individually, plus support from other members of our team, to distill where you are right now on your path, and what feels most resonant in terms of next steps towards an emerging vision for your life.
You will have one to one mentoring sessions in between modules and peer support groups to strengthen the work you do on the Apprenticeship in your day to day life. Completion of this Movement Medicine Apprenticeship program gives you access to the Movement Medicine Professional Training with founders Ya’Acov and Susannah Darling Khan as well as the Movement Medicine Apprentice community and program of Apprentice only gatherings and electives with the founders and faculty.
THIS PROGRAMME IS FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO:
- want to integrate the practice, philosophy and application of movement medicine as ‘medicine for our times’
- want to make a difference in the world and walk their talk in all areas of life
- have the intention to embody who they are in all aspects of their lives
- want to work in an atmosphere of support, challenge and kindness to self and others
- have a sense of humour about themselves and yet are serious about what they want to create in this life
- want to train to use the principles and practices of movement medicine in their work
- want to join the community of movement medicine practitioners
AFTER COMPLETING THE APPRENTICESHIP YOU WILL BE FREE TO:
- continue onto the two-module professional training with Ya’acov and Susannah (next one beginning in Autumn 2024)
- continue as a practitioner within the Apprenticeship (AP) community
- repeat any module or attend any further AP-only events whenever you wish to
- Phoenix Retreat OR Phoenix Rising
- Initiation – An odyssey through the nine life cycles
- plus 175 hours of conscious dance practice
*Of this, a maximum of 75 hours can include related conscious dance practice such as Open Floor, Tamalpa Institute, Azul, the Amerta work of Suprapto Suryadarmo, 5Rhythms and Soul Motion. The remaining 100 hours must be Movement Medicine practice, of which at least 75 hours must be with a qualified Movement Medicine Teacher (or Ya’Acov or Susannah).
- NEW: Online Movement Medicine class hours: To build your Movement Medicine class hours you are welcome to join the online courses. Here are the number of hours you can use. 20 hours can be open classes, 50 hours can be Movement Medicine Study Hub learning and practice with Susannah and Ya’Acov. 40 hours can be online closed ongoing group or workshop format
24 September – 04 October 2023
Feb 29th – March 10th 2024
May 9th – May 19th 2024
RADHE RESORT CENTRE, HUNGARY
Tuition : €4900 – €5,500 – Sliding scale.
Price includes tuition for all modules and intra-module coaching.
Food and accommodation: Extra. To be published later.
Fill in the contact form here: https://www.embodiment.ie/apprenticeship
More info: https://www.embodiment.ie/apprenticeship
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Yasia’s ongoing work and development of somatic voicework allows voice to be a key part of this program, and is adapted for the maps of Movement Medicine, as embodied voice is a part of expressing your souls greatest wish for your life and your offering in the world. Yasia is a Somatic Voiceworker and Dance Facilitator.
She uses these skills to empower others to reclaim and embody their voice – instinctive and intuitive voice as well as the literal. Yasia leads groups in Ireland, Europe
David’s background in Integrative Psychotherapy and Internal Family Systems, as well as strong long term engagement with Somatic Experiencing a is woven into the Apprenticeship program. He is deeply passionate about Shamanic pathways and has studied with the Lakota in Canada.
David is a School of Movement Medicine Faculty member and a fully qualified psychotherapist, he integrates these skills and his passion for shamanic pathways including the Red Path into his work one to one and with groups extensively throughout Ireland, Europe and also in USA.
Recommendation from Ya’Acov and Susannah
”We are delighted that David
Mooney and Yasia Leiserach have become the first people to run their own
Movement Medicine Apprenticeship Programme with our support and mentorship
right behind them. They are fully committed to serving the being and becoming
of their students. They are actively willing and able to work with their own
unconscious, and because of their commitment to integrity, they hold their
considerable experience and power responsibly and safely.
We are confident that their apprenticeship will open the way for those who wish to
travel with them to a deeper sense of self, and a deeper connection to to the
world around them. They offer a blend of exquisite gentleness and acceptance,
alongside a capacity to hold space for the fierce self-inspection that a human
being needs to become who they are in this world and give their gifts – the
central intention of any Movement Medicine Apprenticeship.
We fully recommend their programme and we are delighted that through it, their
apprentices can enter the wider community of Movement Medicine Apprentices, for
whom we will continue to offer ‘apprentice only’ gatherings over the years to
Ya’Acov & Susannah Darling Khan – Founders of Movement Medicine