Shape Shifter CPD module
with Susannah Darling Khan
We have heard many requests for more support for the basic (which as we all know is not so basic!) professional Movement Medicine practice of holding classes and workshops. The new CPD offering (Shape Shifter at Rill this September) is a strong response to that call. This is not about adding more levels of training. It is about augmenting what you already have and supporting you to reflect, celebrate and learn from where you have already got to, and then to look at how you can adjust that. These adjustments may be big or small ways to support your growth towards offering and receiving in good balance and in alignment with your deep purpose.
We know that setting up and getting your MM class or workshops or other Professional offering going can be challenging. Additionally, as time passes we have recognised that teaching MM has some particular challenges sewn into it. And, additionally, there are some new basics that we are learning which we want to pass on and share with you.
So, this CPD module is a Teacher’s Retreat to refresh, support, inspire and update your professional practice wherever you are in that. It is open to all Movement Medicine Professionals, including facilitators, though it will be focused on teaching MM. You don’t need to have done the Heart and Seer CPD module in order to take part, though if you have, that is cool.
We’ll be looking at several areas:
- How to get your classes really DANCING and to dance out of their comfort zones into greater freedom and awareness. How to rest in the profundity of who YOU are and let your teaching be simple, clear and accessible
- Refreshing the ground of your MM teaching and personal practice. This is: conceptual (your inner understanding) communication (how you use language to motivate and inspire) and about your personal experience and embodiment
- Peer support and learning. There is so much wisdom in our field. Taking time to listen share, harvest, support and learn together with your MM colleagues. One of the themes here will be looking at possibilities to move beyond the assumption that you should stick to the public class format. There are many groups of people in society who could benefit from MM. How might we access them? How might our practice have to shift? How can we support each other to think “out of the box” and then what do we need to DO about it?
- What assumptions about who we (understudies) and survival strategies may be in the way between what we are wanting to create and what is actually happening? Let’s look at this through the lens of a Phoenix Process, and then support each other to follow through what we discover.
- I want to share with you what I am learning about our nervous systems, safety, support and polyvagal theory and how we can apply this to MM. I find this information is having a profound positive effect which is deeply supporting the ease and depth of what I can offer. And I want you to have this information too.
- Looking at how to use social media and marketing with input from Laura Valenti and Mira Khanya. We are aware that this is a big challenge for many of us and most of us could do with some input. Mira and Laura have been specialising in learning about this and will be bringing their teachings and learnings about this to share with us all.
I’m very much looking forward to sharing this adventure and exploration with all of you, and to supporting the further flowering of you and your work,
Susannah Darling Khan
COST: £595 – if paid in full by 3 March 2019
£730 – thereafter. There is a non-returnable depoist of £45 – to be paid at the application.
Food and dormitory accommodation £340.