The Way of the Dancing Warrior (Men’s Edition)
The Way of the Dancing Warrior
Men’s Edition – with Ben Yeger
The Dancing Warrior is an archetypal force that resides within us all. It is the energy that provides us with the tools to meet the challenges of life and navigate our experiences with wisdom and flexibility. The Dancing Warrior awakens unconsciousness and travels all the way through to making a commitment to fully embodied knowledge. This 5 day embodied journey invites us as men to explore sexuality and our relationship to power /vulnerability. It’s an opportunity to break free of the need to push or hold back.
The Way of the Dancing Warrior (Men’s Edition) is a unique opportunity to:
- Be part of a strong circle of brothers who have the courage to dance with whatever is true and ready to be moved.
- Resource ourselves and others, expanding our capacity to deeply connect to our authentic self
- Bring the wisdom, strength and creativity of the dancer inside you to an enquiry into who you are as a man living in the 21st Century.
- Find gratitude for life and for the gifts it offers, remembering the dance of giving and receiving as a practice for life.
- Ritualise the journey from unconsciousness through the victim/persecutor/rescuer dance, to the archetypal dance of the Wise Elder, Dancing Fool and the Dancing Warrior.
- Spend time in nature – resourcing and reconnecting to this essential life force
- Invoke the courage of your heart, offering love and patience for old destructive patterns and reclaiming your dignity and authority as a man.
We will be guided by a variety of Movement Medicine maps and Johanna Macys Work that Reconnects. Exploring the archetypes of the child, teenager, warrior, lover, Father and Elder. We will also have time for personal reflection and to gather in smaller support groups.
This residential is open to those who joined the Dancing Warrior journey in 2019 and to those who did not. Each group of Men is unique so the journey will have similar elements and will be fundamentally unique
If you are facing financial difficulties and need support so you can attend this workshop, please get in touch with The MM Sponsorship fund – https://mm-sf.org/about.htm and complete an application for support.
Online booking HERE
BIO: Ben is a member of the SoMM Faculty. He is also Drama Therapist and highly experienced group facilitator. He integrates the work of Joanna Macy and systemic constellations into his MM teaching. Ben is the Director of Moving Conflicts working creatively to transform conflict. He has many years experience of working with men and fathers. See his TEDx talk – Humanisng the Enemy tedxwarwick.com/talks (