a weekend exploration of ceremony
Movement Medicine is an ecstatic dance practice that will reconnect you to the wisdom of living from the heart and will deepen your connection to yourself, your creativity and integrity as well as enliven your relationship with life on all levels. Movement Medicine is a practice for healing, being and dreaming. It has roots in shamanic pathways, particulary influenced by indigenous shamanic wisdom and contemporary therapeutic pathways such as Gestalt and developments in Neuroscience, particularly our capacity to develop new neaural pathways for healing old stories and creating new ways of being. This dance practice can strengthen our capacity to dance with life, however stormy the weather. During this Medicine Dance weekend workshop and ceremony:
- Strengthen or discover relationship with your animal allies and unseen circle of support.
- Awaken and reconnect with the medicine of the wild within as a resource and inspiration for your life.
- Dance into the creative dream space of Movement Medicine ceremony for healing and dreaming.
- What matters to you in this life? What does life on earth mean to you?
- How can we meet and respond to the challenges we currently face in the world in an embodied, creative and engaged way?
- What are your dreams for the community of life on earth. What part do you have to play?
The strong and clear body of work of Movement Medicine and the practices of Joanna Macy’s ‘Work That Reconnects’ offer the tools and resources to open our hearts and turn towards life as it is now, both personally and in the wider world. This turning towards engages and empowers us to explore our personal relationship and responses to the social and ecological challenges of our time. This is a chance to dance to reconnect to the wisdom of living from the heart, with the medicine of the wild and recognise the depth of interconnection between your life and the wider circles of life on earth.
Whether you are a seasoned dancer or newcomer you will come away with a tool kit of practical and subtle exercises relevant for meeting the challenges of walking this life in these times.
Cost: 3.700 Kč or 3.400 Kč if booked by 1st Oct.
Friday only: 550 Kč
Friday: 19.30 – 22.00 • Saturday: 11.00 – 20.00 • Sunday: 10.00 – 17.00