Movement Medicine Apprenticeship programmes give a deep sustained dive into Movement Medicine practice. They are for those who wish to deepen their experience of this path with skilled guides who know this work inside out. Attending an Apprenticeship Programme is an essential pre-requisite to Professional Training in Movement Medicine.
Having run 7 Apprenticeship programmes, Susannah and Ya’Acov have now trained some exceptional teachers to run the Movement Medicine Apprenticeship Programmes. From now on, Apprenticeship programmes will be taught by a cohort of experienced and skilled Movement Medicine teachers who have completed the CPD (Continued Professional Development pathway) with Ya’Acov and Susannah.
David Mooney and Yasia Leiserach are presently teaching their first Apprenticeship programme (AP8) in Hungary and are currently planning their next one. Anne Ena Bernard will run the first French Apprenticeship Programme in 2023.
In the meantime, if you are interested in this path, then using the Movement Medicine Study Hub and diving into the lessons is a strong way to dive into Movement Medicine (MM) and get to know the mandala. It’s been designed to be both accessible, and at the same time to gives support, inspiration and clarification for those who’ve been in this or similar fields for the long term…
THE MOVEMENT MEDICINE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME IS FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO:
- want to integrate the practice, philosophy and application of Movement Medicine as ‘medicine for our times’
- want to make a difference in the world and walk their talk in all areas of life
- have the intention to embody who they are in all aspects of their lives
- want to work in an atmosphere of support, challenge and kindness to self and others
- have a sense of humour about themselves and yet are serious about what they want to create in this life
- want to train to use the principles and practices of Movement Medicine in their work
- want to join the community of Movement Medicine Practitioners.
after completing the Apprenticeship, you will be free to:
- continue onto the two-module Professional Training (next one beginning in 2024)
- continue as a practitioner within the Apprenticeship community by repeating any module or attending any further electives (with a 50 per cent reduction in tuition) whenever you wish to, as well as attending the annual Winter Dream Dance gathering
- go on your merry way wherever life leads you.
To get the most out of your apprenticeship, it is important to feel adequately prepared. Below we outline the minimum prerequisites for the Apprenticeship Programme, as well as recommendations for further preparation. Please feel free to apply if you are still missing a few courses but plan to complete them before the course begins.
- Phoenix Retreat OR Phoenix Rising
- Initiation – An odyssey through the nine life cycles
- plus 175 hours of conscious dance practice
*Of this, a maximum of 75 hours can include related conscious dance practice such as Open Floor, Tamalpa Institute, Azul, the Amerta work of Suprapto Suryadarmo, 5Rhythms and Soul Motion. The remaining 100 hours must be Movement Medicine practice, of which at least 75 hours must be with a qualified Movement Medicine Teacher (or Ya’Acov or Susannah).
- NEW: Online Movement Medicine class hours: To build your Movement Medicine class hours you are welcome to join the online courses. Here are the number of hours you can use. 20 hours can be open classes, 50 hours can be Movement Medicine Study Hub learning and practice with Susannah and Ya’Acov. 40 hours can be online closed small ongoing group or workshop format
Earthed in the Winds of Change – April 2019
The Future of the Apprenticeship Programme – Sept 2018
Awakenings – Sept 2018
The Dance of Continuity and Change – May 2018
Colouring in – October 2016
New Year, New Apprenticeship – January, 2016
Autumn Blaze – November 2015
Why Apprenticeship Programme? – November 2015
Launching our new rolling Apprenticeship Programme – July 2015
One pointed arrow of body, heart, and mind – Dec 14
MM Environmental and Social Justice Group – Spring extra 2014
An invitation – Oct 2013
Contributing through our quality of being – Oct 2013
Inter-being and the Winter Dream Dance – Feb 13
Living the Dream I Didn’t Know I Had! – Jan 13
Apprenticeship I – Nov 12
Empowerment, Responsibility & Living The Dream – Nov 12
Gremlin Heaven – Nov 12
Drawings – Sept 12
A Long Apprenticeship – Sept 12
Chasing Monks & Dancing Trees – July 12
Movement Medicine: becoming an ‘All day artist’ – Jan 11
Apprenticeship 2012 – April 10
Apprenticeship: Suicidal wisdom, repetition and seagull dreaming Oct 09