Next Apprenticeship Programmes
2023 UPCOMING APPRENCTICESHIPS 9 AND 10:
The 9th Movement Medicine Apprenticeship, taught by Anne Ena Bernard
- August 2023 in France
- There are still some places available
For further information: Francophone Apprenticeship Les Neuf Souflles
The 10th Movement Medicine Apprenticeship taught by David Mooney and Yasia Leiserach
- Begins October 2023 in Hungary
- There are still some places available
For further information: English speaking Apprenticeship with David and Yasia
VIDEO RECORDING about the MOVEMENT MEDICINE PATH (60 minutes -recorded 8.3.23) with S and Y Darling Khan and the above teachers.
CONTEXT OF THE CURRENT MM APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Having offered 7 Apprenticeship programmes, Susannah and Ya’Acov have now trained some exceptional teachers to offer the Movement Medicine Apprenticeship Programmes. From now on, Apprenticeship programmes will be taught by a cohort of experienced and skilled Movement Medicine teachers who have completed all of the CPD (Continued Professional Development pathways) with Ya’Acov and Susannah.
WHAT IS THE MM APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME?
A Movement Medicine Apprenticeship is a deep sustained dive into applying Movement Medicine concepts and practice to oneself and one’s own life. It is a deep experience for those ready to make a commitment for the duration of the Apprenticeship journey to yourself and your peers. Apprenticeships are led by skilled guides who know this work inside out.
Completing an Apprenticeship does not qualify you to teach Movement Medicine. It is a deeply personal pursuit of applying this transformative work to the project of your own life.
However, completing the Apprenticeship Programme is a pre-requisite to any Professional Training in Movement Medicine.
THE MOVEMENT MEDICINE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME IS FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE READY TO:
- Integrate the practice, philosophy and application of Movement Medicine as ‘medicine for our times’ into their own lives
- Embrace life physically, emotionally, conceptually and spiritually, with its depth, heights and mystery.
- Make a difference in the world and walk their talk in all areas of life
- Embody who they are in all aspects of their lives
- Be part of a community of mutual flourishing and are willing and able to bring integrity, respect and kindness to self and others.
- Have a sense of humour about themselves and yet are serious about what they want to create in this life
AFTER COMPLETING THE APPRENTICESHIP, YOU MAY:
- Apply to continue onto the two-module Professional Training The next one begins in 2024. After the Professional Training, the next steps, after some time of practice, leads to Graduation. This can be enough in itself, or it can be the next stage of a longer journey, including CPD, for those who choose it. More about this here.
- Continue as a practitioner within the Apprenticeship community
- Go on your merry way wherever life leads you!
THE PATH TOWARD APPRENTICESHIP
To get the most out of your apprenticeship, it is important to feel adequately prepared. Below we outline the minimum prerequisites for the Apprenticeship Programme, as well as recommendations for further preparation. Please feel free to apply if you are still missing a few courses but plan to complete them before the course begins.
PREREQUISITES FOR APPRENTICESHIP
- Phoenix Retreat OR Phoenix Rising
- Initiation – An odyssey through the nine life cycles
- 175 hours of conscious dance practice:
Of this, a maximum of 75 hours can include related conscious dance practice such as Open Floor, Tamalpa Institute, Azul, the Amerta work of Suprapto Suryadarmo, 5Rhythms and Soul Motion. The remaining 100 hours must be Movement Medicine practice, of which at least 75 hours must be with a qualified Movement Medicine Teacher (or Ya’Acov or Susannah). Go to the Movement Medicine Association to find professionals we have trained.
- Online Movement Medicine class hours. You can use: up to 20 hours of open online classes, up to 50 hours Movement Medicine Study Hub online learning and practice, up to 40 hours can be online closed small online ongoing groupS or workshop format online work with MM Professionals.
ABOUT THE MOVEMENT MEDICINE STUDY HUB
Note: You can use the Movement Medicine Study Hub as a deep and consistent way to experience and study Movement Medicine (MM) with the founders of Movement Medicine and with guest teachers such as David Mooney and Anne Ena Bernard. This is very good way to ground yourself in the conceptual understanding and embodied practice of Movement Medicine.
To join the Movement Medicine Study Hub go to the next Tribal Heart online ceremony on 21Gratitudes.com and then go to TICKETS. This is the route into the Study Hub. The Hub has been designed to be both accessible, and at the same time to gives support, inspiration and clarification for those who’ve been in this or similar fields for the long term.
This Poignant Moment by Susannah DK, Oct-2019
Earthed in the Winds of Change – April 2019
The Future of the Apprenticeship Programme – Sept 2018
Awakenings – Sept 2018
The Dance of Continuity and Change – May 2018
Colouring in – October 2016
New Year, New Apprenticeship – January, 2016
Autumn Blaze – November 2015
Why Apprenticeship Programme? – November 2015
Launching our new rolling Apprenticeship Programme – July 2015
One pointed arrow of body, heart, and mind – Dec 14
MM Environmental and Social Justice Group – Spring extra 2014
An invitation – Oct 2013
Contributing through our quality of being – Oct 2013
Inter-being and the Winter Dream Dance – Feb 13
Living the Dream I Didn’t Know I Had! – Jan 13
Apprenticeship I – Nov 12
Empowerment, Responsibility & Living The Dream – Nov 12
Gremlin Heaven – Nov 12
Drawings – Sept 12
A Long Apprenticeship – Sept 12
Chasing Monks & Dancing Trees – July 12
Movement Medicine: becoming an ‘All day artist’ – Jan 11
Apprenticeship 2012 – April 10
Apprenticeship: Suicidal wisdom, repetition and seagull dreaming Oct 09