E-motion: Dancing with the Heart of the World
In Dancing with the Heart of the World, we will:
• Take a deep look at where we are as a human race, how we got here, and where we’re going, through the Awakening the Dreamer – Changing the Dream symposium, a strong strand in our work together
• Learn how to ground our feelings and experience and how they can awaken an empowered response within us rather than overwhelm us
• Dance with the emotional intelligence and animal instincts we were born with and experience the teachings of the Four Chambers of the Heart
• Meet the Wise Elder within who knows about the power of love and its transformational potential
• Take part in a dancing ritual that will help us to envision a human presence on this planet that is spiritually fulfilled, environmentally sustainable and socially just as the guiding principle of our times (this is the stated intent of the Be the Change symposium).
This is an invitation to give the dancer in you permission to dance inside the many landscapes of the heart. A freely dancing heart is empowered to take the action we need to embrace our dreams – for ourselves, our families, and the wider community of life on earth.
Are you concerned with what’s happening in the world? Do you want to find an embodied, creative, empowered response that comes from a place of love, not fear? Do you want support and a practical toolkit that will help you to BE the change you wish to see in the world? This workshop will integrate the School of Movement Medicine’s approach to working with the power of the heart through movement, with the Awakening the Dreamer – Changing the Dream symposium created by the Pachamama Alliance.
At this time in the world’s story, climate change is creating the need for us all to wake up to a much deeper awareness of our interconnection with all of life. Dancing deep into the open space of trance gives us direct experience of this interconnection.
The heart has an extraordinary power and is the seat of our vulnerability. It has an electro-magnetic field over 5000 times greater than the brain’s. It beats more than 100,000 times a day. The human being who has learnt to dance with their feelings rather than be danced by them is so much more alive, creative and dynamic in all areas of their life. Your heart holds many stories and dreams, all of which you are capable of transforming into high-energy fuel for positive action and living the dream you came here to live.
The heart is the second gateway of the Movement Medicine mandala. Our work in this gateway integrates recent research into brain function and animal behaviour, with the experience of 20 years of studying, teaching and living with the wild unpredictability of the dance of the heart.
forthCOMING DATES: March 2017 – Esalen, USA
Acting in Alignment – Nov 2012
Feelings in motion, heart in action, life in connection – Nov 2012
Pachamama Symposium DVD and Training – Nov 2012
Symposium – May 2012
What have the Achuar got to do with Movement Medicine? – April 2012
Strength over Power – Feb 2012